The Best Corn Maze in Dayton, Ohio!
Book your own autumn adventure at Adventure Acres, Ohio's largest corn maze, featuring over 11.5 miles of trails through 5 corn mazes and several additional family-friendly activities.
When it comes to family fun and a great fall adventure, nothing can beat the experience of going to a corn maze. If you're looking for the best experience available, then why not go to the best corn maze in Dayton, if not he entire state of Ohio? Adventure Acres, located under 15 miles from downtown Dayton, Ohio, in Bellbrook, is considered to be the largest and most expansive corn maze in the entire state. With over 11.5 miles of trails through 5 different and exciting mazes of 10-foot-tall-corn, every autumn-time activity offered by the facility becomes an adventure!
About Adventure Acres
Located on a beautiful farm in Bellbrook, Ohio, Adventures Acres was originally created by Ed Martinek and various members of his family. Purchased by Dr. Martinek in 2007, the original intention was to create a fun and interesting corn maze-style agri-tourism business, and having its first open season in 2009, there is a new king of corn mazes in Ohio. While the four mazes, each of varying length and design, are the primary attraction, there are a number of other fun activities available, making Adventure Acres the perfect destination for an evening trip or a weekend day trip. Coming in at over 62 acres, the entire farm is home to the 2009 Ohio Barn of the Year for Agricultural Use, thanks to the restoration of the original barn found on the property. The complete restoration of the farm's original barn now serves as as storage facility for the corn mazes as well as a tourist attraction. This is the starting point for a number of the different mazes, and as a very important landmark in the local community.
As for the additional features of the best corn maze in Dayton, there are enough to turn any evening into a memorable family adventure. In addition to the mazes, you also have the following optional events and activities to choose from.
- Hay Rides - Take a 30+ minutes ride around the entire 64 acre farm through its forested areas, corn fields, creeks beds and more. Choosing between Johnny Popper, an antique Model A John Deere tractor, and an antique Red McCormick tractor, groups are taken around this allegedly haunted trail, and even given stops to roast marshmallows and hot dogs in various fire pits along the way. You can see all the beauty and majesty of the wildlife and landscape in the area, and maybe even spot something spooky along the way.
- The Pumpkin Patch - What corn maze would be complete without a pumpkin patch? At the pumpkin patch, you can choose from a pick your own option or choose from the various pumpkins grown right on the farm. Please note, the pumpkin patch is subject to closure due to weather and current pumpkin availability.
- The Corn Cannons - Have you ever wanted to launch an ear of corn over 500 ft? Two cannons, powered by 80 gallon air compressors (which push air at around 125 PSI) give you the ability to target practice with preset targets or just go for distance.
- Fire Pits - Since the hours for the corn maze run later and the sun sets earlier in the fall, fire pits have been strategically placed for a true outdoor experience.
- The Pirate Ship - A replica pirate ship is on the premises, giving children of all ages a place to climb and play.
- Toddler Mazes - Smaller mazes for the kids are constructed near the bar for security and safety. If you have small children with an exploring personality, this is the perfect place for them to satisfy their childhood wanderlust.
- Puzzle Challenges - Located throughout the farm and the mazes are a number of different puzzles and pictures, which brings us to the Adventure Acres Challenge. By assembling and completing the various puzzles found in and around the mazes (hint: they're located in mailboxes at various checkpoints in the maze), you can be entered to win fabulous prizes. Puzzles vary from sudoku-style problems to pictures of the corn maze itself.
- The Watchtower - If you'd like to get a birds-eye view of the entire farm, ascend the watchtower to see it all!
Along with all these fantastic autumn activities, Halloween proves to be a spooky time of year at Adventure Acres. Traversing the many miles of corn fields at dusk or taking in a haunted hay ride is by far the better solution to the same old haunted house you've seen every year.
This corn maze in Dayton is open from August 27 until November 5, 2011, leaving plenty of time for your family, group, class, or friend group to have a fantastic adventure. Along with the dates, Adventure Acres is open for a limited number of days during the week primarily during the evenings. For larger groups, please contact us ahead of time and make a reservation. By doing this, you can help reserve your place in the best autumn adventure Dayton has to offer.
Weekly Schedule and Hours
For more detailed directions on how to get to Adventure Acres, follow this link. It provides direction from downtown Dayton, or its gives you the option of entering your own location for personalized directions. Enjoy your adventure today at Adventure Acres, one of the newest corn mazes in Dayton, Ohio!